Open Calendar


Click to print this page

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions


Our COVID-19 task force continues to meet regularly regarding campus preparedness and responsiveness at a time when many unexpected challenges may emerge.

General Steps and Expectations

  • Students, faculty, staff and visitors should engage in acceptable social distancing practices as recommended by the CDC. You can learn more by clicking on the following link: It is up to each of us to take responsibility for our own health and well-being, including being mindful of the health and well-being of others.
  • Wall-mounted hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at main entrances of campus academic buildings and are being installed at the main entrances of the residence halls.
  • Students, faculty and staff should regularly self-monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and follow CDC guidance on self-isolation and testing if symptomatic, in consultation with their treating physician or Local Public Health Agency. (See for more information from the CDC.)
  • Students should contact the University Health Center using this communication form if they believe they are symptomatic, have been notified of exposure through contact tracing, or otherwise have reason to believe they may be infected.
  • Students and employees should stay home if they are sick; students will not be penalized for missing class due to illness or isolation. Employees should contact the Office of Human Resources at 660-543-4255 or at if they have been instructed by a Local Public Health Agency to quarantine or isolate, or if they believe they are symptomatic or have been notified of a positive result so that the university may initiate proper and timely response protocols.
  • Per CDC guidance, individuals who are vaccinated will not need to quarantine, if exposed, as long as they are not experiencing symptoms.
  • Unvaccinated students will be required to quarantine if they are exposed to COVID-19. Accommodations will be made on campus for isolation space for unvaccinated individuals who reside in the residence hall system who may have been exposed or who believe they are symptomatic, and allowances for meal deliveries will be made. 
  • Normal student attendance policies are being reinstated.
  • Please follow all signs on campus that provide important safety guidance and reminders. 
  • Contingency plans have been developed and continue to be evaluated for any additional modification which may need to be made to current modes of classroom instruction. Check Blackboard and your email regularly for communication from your faculty members.
  • Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to check their UCM email for important updates related to COVID-19. You can also learn more by checking out UCM’s coronavirus website Please keep in mind that the pandemic continues to be an evolving situation, and the university will need to adjust its prevention protocols as necessary.

 Back to top ->

Face Masks/Coverings

Currently, face coverings are required in the University (Student) Health Center, Welch-Schmidt Center for Communication Disorders, Counseling Center and Central Missouri Clinic regardless of vaccination status. In addition,

Effective August 9

Regardless of vaccination status, face coverings will be required in the following instances and locations:

  • UCM shuttle and ride services
  • Kickoff Experience indoor events and activities
  • All Student Orientation and student move-in indoor events and activities
  • The Missouri Innovation Campus (in observance of the public health order issued by the Jackson County Executive)

Exceptions include when actively eating and drinking, in residence hall rooms and apartments, and in private offices when no visitors are present.


Beginning August 16

Face coverings will be required indoors, in all university buildings, regardless of vaccination status. This includes the UCM Childcare Center for ages 2 and up. Exceptions include when actively eating and drinking, in residence hall rooms and apartments, and in private offices when no visitors are present.

The university will re-evaluate the guidance provided in this statement no later than September 16. As medical experts have expressed, the most effective way to reduce the spread of and risks associated with COVID-19 is to become fully vaccinated.  As such, all UCM community members are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated and take other measures to stay healthy. Students and employees can find vaccination resources by clicking the COVID-19 link on the UCM website home page or going directly to COVID-19 Vaccination Opportunities.


Back to top ->

Classroom Updates

  • Currently, it is anticipated that classrooms will at least be at 75% capacity with some seats available for social distancing. 

  • The university will continue to flex and synchronous course types in addition to our regular face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats. Students desiring class in a specific delivery mode should visit with their academic advisor.


Back to top ->

Health and Wellness

What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?

The following symptoms are associated with COVID. However, the CDC continues to update the symptoms list as they learn more about the virus. For the most up-to-date symptoms, please visit
  • Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

I'm experiencing anxiety about the coronavirus. What can I do?

  • Seek assistance from a health care provider if your anxiety is interfering with your activities of daily living.
  • Fighting against anxiety can make it worse. Instead, accept that it is normal to feel worried or anxious about things that are uncertain or threatening. One way to accept anxiety is to observe and describe it. For example, you might notice: “my heart is racing, and I keep thinking about 'what if' scenarios.” Normalizing and accepting the anxiety can have the paradoxical effect of reducing the anxiety; while trying to ignore or deny it can make the anxiety stronger.
  • Get the facts and then move on. Rather than spending extended time reading social media posts about the risks of COVID-19, review a fact sheet from the CDC or another trusted source. Limit the amount of time you spend daily focused on COVID-19 information.
  • Human beings tend to overestimate risks related to unfamiliar and uncertain threats. Challenge your worrisome thoughts with facts and remind yourself to focus on what is actually happening.
  • Anxiety can lead us to forget that we possess strengths and coping skills. Remind yourself that even if you are impacted by this situation, you have skills to cope, and there are systems in place to help you. This includes focusing on what you can control (washing your hands, which events to attend, practicing self-care, knowing the facts) and letting go of what you cannot.
  • Don’t forget about the importance of self care. Be deliberate about getting enough rest, proper nutrition, intentional movement, time outdoors, and support from your friends and family. Self care can help us be resilient in the face of stress.
  • Visit the UCM Counseling Center page for a robust list of free supportive resources.
  • The Counseling Center is offering drop-in support groups via Zoom for students to connect and cope while in quarantine and isolation. You do not have to be a client of the Counseling Center to participate. During each 20-30-minute workshop, you will get to reflect, discuss, and learn coping skills/strategies to help you take care of yourself through quarantine and isolation. The groups meet each Monday and Thursday at 1 p.m., from Feb.8 through May 3. Connect via Zoom.
  • Visit the HR page to learn more about the Employee Assistance Program.

How long does isolation last?

If applicable, instruction to isolate will be given to you by your Local Public Health Agency, and will be detailed. You will be given their contact information to ask any follow up questions. According to the CDC, patients who test positive for COVID-19 may come off isolation:

  • An individual’s medical provider will determine this based on an individual’s circumstances
  • At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
  • At least 24 hours with no fever without fever-reducing medication and
  • Symptoms have improved

If you had severe illness from COVID-19 (you were admitted to a hospital and needed oxygen), your healthcare provider may recommend that you stay in isolation for longer than 10 days after your symptoms first appeared (possibly up to 20 days) and you may need to finish your period of isolation at home. If testing is available in your community, your healthcare provider may recommend that you undergo repeat testing for COVID-19 to end your isolation earlier than would be done according to the criteria above. If so, you can be around others after you receive two negative tests results in a row, from tests done at least 24 hours apart.

In all instances, you should follow the requirements of your Local Public Health Agency and the recommendations of your health care provider. For the latest CDC recommendations regarding isolation, visit

Based on my recent travel, I believe I need to be quarantined. What do I do?

  • Acting on Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance, UCM asks that you remain at home and not return to campus if you meet any of these “stay-at-home” guidelines:
    • Have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing
    • Have had close contact with an individual who has a known positive case of COVID-19 (See below for definition of “close contact”.)
    • Have traveled to an area where there are a high number of known cases of coronavirus. (See
  • If you meet any of the above criteria, call your medical provider immediately, and follow self quarantine instructions.
  • If you are a student and meet any of the above criteria, but you are unable to safely remain at home off campus, contact the University Health Center at A member of the COVID-19 Medical Team will consult with you to make an individualized plan for monitoring your symptoms and for safe housing.
  • Follow CDC guidelines for quarantine and social distancing

Will a flu shot help protect me from COVID-19?

A flu shot will help protect you against the influenza virus. UCM’s Health Center advocates getting a flu shot if your primary health care provider recommends it. If recommended by your primary health care provider, it is important to get a flu shot every year, and especially this year, to help prevent the flu, which takes a toll on your immune system and decreases your ability to fight other illnesses such as COVID-19.

The University Health Center will be offering students flu shots in October.

How can I try to keep myself healthy?

  • Clean and sanitize frequently touched surfaces
  • Wash your hands often
  • Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable
  • Avoid touching your eyes/nose/mouth with unwashed hands
  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick
  • Practice physical distancing
  • Distance yourself 6 feet away from others when in public
  • Wear a mask when out in public or around others outside your household
  • Support your immune system:
    • Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily
    • Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables
    • Drink plenty of water daily
    • Get regular exercise
    • Decrease stress
  • More information is on the CDC’s prevention page.
  • For updates and information, follow:

Will students or employees be required to be tested for COVID before coming to campus?

No. UCM will not require anyone to be tested for COVID-19 before coming to campus. There will be testing available at the University Health Center for students who may need to be tested after seeing a medical professional.

What should I do if I observe or experience COVID-19-related stigma at UCM?

If you are a student, please contact the Student Experience and Engagement Office at 660-543-4114 for assistance. If you’re an employee or visitor, please contact HR. People can fight stigma and help, not hurt, others by providing social support. Counter stigma by learning and sharing facts. Communicating the facts that viruses do not target specific racial or ethnic groups and how COVID-19 actually spreads can help stop stigma. You may also find helpful information at the CDC webpage about reducing stigma. See:,and%20do%20not%20reinforce%20stereotypes.

Back to top ->


What resources does the University Health Center offer?

The University Health Center is the first stop for UCM students who are sick or injured, need well woman care, or need clinical prevention services such as immunizations or medications. It's staffed by physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacy and lab technicians, and friendly office personnel.

Wellness Support and Community Engagement is also housed in the University Health Center. Through a wide variety of support programs and services focused on education, engagement, and prevention, staff help students stay safe, healthy, and connected to community resources.

The University Health Center is located near the Elliott Student Union at, 600 S College Street, Warrensburg, MO 64093. You may contact the Health Center at 660-543-4770 or at

How will testing and contact tracing be handled?

  • Testing for students is available at the University Health Center (UHC). Most insurance companies will pay for testing if the patient has COVID-19 symptoms. If you do not have health insurance and want to learn more about UCM's student health insurance plan, information is available through MyCentral on the Student page under Health Services.
  • The University Health Center is able to provide rapid COVID testing for UCM students at no cost. The test is available to both symptomatic and asymptomatic students, and results are available the same day. Unlike the deep nasal-pharangeal swab, this rapid test uses a minimally invasive swab of the lower nostril. Students with symptoms should call the UHC at 660-543-4770 ext. 3 to schedule their appointment for testing. Students who do not have symptoms may schedule an appointment at under the "Appts." tab. Pre-scheduled appointments and completed patient consent forms are required. No walk-up appointments will be allowed.

  • Johnson County Community Health Services and other applicable Local Public Health Authorities will facilitate initial contact tracing for individuals who test positive. The University will assist as appropriate and consistent with applicable laws and available resources.
  • In partnership with health care providers and the University Health Center, we are increasing our ability for testing and contact tracing for students.
  • Contact your health care provider to determine whether you need to be tested for COVID-19, or students may choose to use this screening form on the University Health Center website.
  • The University Health Center does not see, nor can it provide guidance to, employees.
  • Specific questions regarding testing and contact tracing may also be directed to Johnson County Community Health Services. Students who have questions about testing may contact the University Health Center at 660-543-4770 or

How is close contact defined?

The Local Public Health Agency where a positive individual resides will implement tracing of close contacts. Each LPHA is responsible for establishing criteria. Johnson County Community Health Services refers to CDC guidelines, and defines close contact as

  • Within 6 feet of a known COVID-positive individual for 15 minutes or more, with or without a mask
  • Provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
  • Direct physical contact with a COVID-positive individual (hugged or kissed)
  • Shared eating or drinking utensils with COVID-positive individual
  • The COVID-positive individual sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you

If I do not want to return to campus for in-person classes, are online options available? Whom should I contact?

As always, students who have concerns about their current schedule should contact the Success Advising Center to discuss their options at 660-543-4721 or

How is the University accommodating individuals who are high risk or who have been instructed by a medical professional to stay home?

Students who need accommodations due to disability or mental or physical health should contact the Office of Accessibility Services at 660-543-4421 or Employees should contact HR.

If I feel sick or experience COVID-19 symptoms, what should I do?

Please follow CDC guidelines. Stay home and contact your healthcare provider. Students may choose to complete the University Health Center’s student COVID communication form. This will help us coordinate support and communication with your faculty.

How should I notify my instructors about being absent due to illness, quarantine or self-isolation? What documentation do I have to provide?

Students may complete the University Health Center’s student COVID communication form. This will help us coordinate support and communication with your faculty.

What if I need to withdraw from classes, drop a class, or get an incomplete grade? What if I miss the drop deadline?

Are students allowed to study abroad?

  • At this time, UCM is not imposing additional restrictions on study abroad programs other than what is required by the host country. Please refer to CDC guidance as UCM continues to monitor this situation.

  • Students planning to study abroad should be aware that the university is following CDC guidance. It recommends that institutions planning study abroad programs check with CDC’s destination-specific Travel Health Notices for information about the COVID-19 situation in the destination or host country. Institutions of higher education should postpone programs in destinations with very high COVID-19 levels (Level 4 Travel Health Notice), and should have plans to take action if situations in the destination change and COVID-19 levels become very high during the program. 

I have recently traveled to a different state or country. Are there any requirements when I return to UCM?

Information regarding international travel and CDC guidelines can be found here, UCM is monitoring and applying applicable CDC guidance in an effort to help keep our campus community safe. Students who are required to quarantine due to recent travel and will miss classes, are asked to contact Student Experience & Engagement as soon as possible at 660-543-4114.

Are there resources for international students?

  • F1 students should be in contact with their international student adviser (DSO) for guidance pertaining to their individual needs/questions:
  • For specific questions and individual circumstances, including future enrollment and visa statuses, please contact GISS at or at 660-543-4621.
  • Students with the university-facilitated health insurance plan with United Health Care, can access a medical provider 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for free at

Please contact the Office of Graduate and International Student Services for further assistance.

How is the University addressing student concerns of feeling isolated?

The University will host activities and events in which students are encouraged to attend. The University encourages interactions outside of a residence hall room to engage in the college experience.

Also, the Counseling Center is available for students and is providing virtual services primarily by Telemental Health (TMH). Individuals can access services by calling 660-543-4060 to participate in a brief screening for TMH and to schedule appointments. Mental Fitness workshops are offered live via Zoom and on-demand via Blackboard. Please see the Counseling Center’s website ( for more information about services and for additional resources, or call 660-543-4060 with any questions.

The Counseling Center is also offering drop-in support groups via Zoom for students to connect and cope while in quarantine and isolation. You do not have to be a client of the Counseling Center to participate. During each 20-30-minute workshop, you will get to reflect, discuss, and learn coping skills/strategies to help you take care of yourself through quarantine and isolation. The groups meet each Monday and Thursday at 1 p.m., from Feb.8 through May 3. Connect via Zoom.

Does UCM offer health insurance for students?

UCM offers affordable health care insurance for students and their eligible dependents through UnitedHealthCare Student Resources. Visit the University Health Center page for more information, or to learn more about coverage and rates or to enroll in the insurance, login to MyCentral, select "Student" on the left side of the page, then "Health Services" and look for the "Health Insurance" section. Links in that section will redirect you to the UCM-specific UnitedHealthCare Student Resources plan.

Note: You must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours currently or in the fall to enroll in the health insurance.

International students are required to have the student health insurance unless a waiver is approved. More details about requesting a waiver are available through MyCentral.

If you have more specific questions about the insurance plan, contact UnitedHealthCare Customer Service at 1-877-944-6767 or

Back to top ->

University Employees

What Human Resources guidance do you have for employees regarding isolation and leave?

UCM adheres to the guidance of the Center for Disease Control  (CDC) as it is related to recommendations for quarantine and isolation.  Employees are encouraged to follow the guidelines of the CDC or the directives of their Local Public Health Agency and/or their treating physician regarding appropriate precautions that should be taken for a known or expected exposure. If an employee is instructed by their LPHA or treatment provider to be quarantined or isolated, FMLA, leaves of absence, and/or reasonable accommodations may apply. Please contact Ranea Taylor in HR for assistance with available options related to COVID-19 at 660-543-4255.

What is the proper protocol for staff members who have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19? Should that person contact HR?

Employees should follow CDC Guidelines. They should contact their care provider, urgent care or the emergency room, and ensure that they are having their needs addressed as it pertains to their individual medical history. Their provider will recommend testing, and/or quarantine as appropriate. If they are advised to quarantine, they should immediately request documentation from their physician and contact HR for further assistance.

Should an employee notify co-workers they've been in close contact with or should HR provide guidance to the co-workers?

An employee should follow the advice of the County Health Department and their care providers. The Local Public Health Agency will facilitate contact tracing as appropriate and will notify and instruct close contacts of next steps; employees need not do this themselves. HR will provide guidance to impacted co-workers regarding leave and other needs.

Isn't my medical information confidential?

Yes. The University follows applicable laws and best practices as it relates to the records and distribution of medical and health information. Confidential information is shared by the University only with those who have a need to know. For that reason, it is critical that the Office of Human Resources be the only office to collect medical documentation on employees. Those records, when obtained for federally regulated processes, such as FMLA, are maintained in a confidential manner and not shared with anyone outside of the HR team dealing with the issue at hand.

I am a UCM employee and I do not feel comfortable being at work due to my own situation or a household member’s. What do I do?

UCM is a comprehensive regional institution whose campuses located in Warrensburg and Lee’s Summit, Missouri are the standard worksites unless the university president declares otherwise. Most of our work is best done onsite at one of these two locations.

Leaves of absence or telecommuting may be appropriate in very limited circumstances. Please contact your direct supervisor regarding any of your concerns. Work assignments will be decided on a case-by-case basis with your supervisor and Human Resources.

What training or guidance is appropriate to assist supervisors in documenting, reporting and shift scheduling during high absenteeism?

Consult with your individual supervisor in your area. As always, the UCM policy library and Human Resources are available for assistance. Every situation is going to be unique.

Are there any tools / supplies / support systems offered to employees to assist with anxiety?

Information from BlueKC is available online, as well as the EAP. Helpful resources and UCM employee benefit and log-in information for BlueKC and EAP is accessible here, You may also access BlueKC directly for resources at

Please contact Human Resources at 660-543-4255 or in Administration 101 for assistance with employee support.

If I am a faculty or staff member, are there any restrictions on work-related travel?

All travel should be considered carefully. While travel may be limited due to funding, there is currently no ban on travel as it may be essential in some positions to conduct university business. 

Whom should I contact with questions about university employee travel?

Contact Patrick Harness by telephone at (660) 543-4540 or 4797, or by e-mail at

For all grant funded travel, please contact your Program Administrator at the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Integrity or directly call (660) 543-4264 or email

What can I do about travel-related expenses incurred for a conference or other work event that has been cancelled?

You should cancel all reservations and request refunds for all expenses paid that will no longer be utilized. Contact conference/event organizers for registration and deposit refunds. Contact hotels for deposit refunds. Contact the airline for airfare credit or refund.

If I made my purchase on the university credit card and will not get a refund from the vendor, do I need to reimburse the university for the cost of the air travel or other travel expenses?

  • No, you will not need to reimburse the university for these expenses. An attempt should be made by the traveler to request refund, transfer tickets, or otherwise minimize financial impact. All remaining expenses should be submitted using standard travel processes. If you receive a future benefit (voucher, registration for next year), please provide Accounts Payable with all documentation as that benefit is subject to special accounting procedures.
  • If paid for by a grant, and you cannot receive a refund, or a credit for the travel is related to the project scope of work, contact your Program Administrator in the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Integrity. They will work with you to make necessary revisions with the funder and move any unallowable expenditures from the project budget.

What should be done with a refund for cancelled travel plans?

  • If the expense was paid for by the university or reimbursed to you by the university, then the funds should be deposited back to the university to the FOAPAL where the expense was charged. If the money was deposited into your account or is in the form of a check with your name, you will need to write a check payable to "University of Central Missouri" and give it to your department budget manager for deposit to the university.
  • If paid for on a grant, the credit will be made to the charged grant FOAP.

What are the university guidelines for documenting COVID-19 budget expenditures?

  • Org code 600240 - Emergency Operations, has been established to track expenses related to COVID-19 and any future EOC expenses.
  • All expenses related to COVID-19 must use this Org as part of their FOAPAL when coding requisitions in Jaggaer and on Payment Requests.
  • Requisitions and payment requests must include all documentation related to the expense and clearly indicate that it is related to COVID-19.
  • If your Org has been charged directly for a COVID-19 expense, prepare an IDT to move the expense to Org 600240, with all documentation to support the reclassification of the expense.
  • If you have non-refundable travel expenses for cancellations due to COVID-19, use an IDT to transfer those costs to Org 600240.
  • Please attach all cancellation documentation in ChromeRiver and with the IDT.
  • Document, document, document is the name of the game. More is better than not enough in reporting COVID-19 expenses.
  • For additional questions, contact Lisa Miller at 660-543-4406, or or

Back to top ->

Housing and Dining

What is housing changing the 2021/2022 school year?

  • All residence hall rooms will return to double occupancy, however, we are allowing for a limited number of paid single occupancy rooms. 

  • Freshmen and sophomores who live within 65 miles of campus can apply for an exemption from living in campus residence halls provided they will live with a parent, grandparent or legal guardian. Any student who believes they may be eligible for an exemption and wishes to obtain one can contact University Housing at 660-543-4515, or

Campus dining updates

There are many steps the University and Sodexo, UCM’s food services provider, are taking to support the dining experience.

  • Sodexo has company-wide protocols for food preparation and service.

  • While local regulations no longer require social distancing, UCM will offer a dining space that has socially distanced tables.

  • Carry-out service will be available.

  • Self-service options will be expanded.

  • Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing measures will continue.

What if my roommate or suitemate gets sick?

Your roommate or suitemate should contact their medical provider or may choose to complete the University Health Center’s student COVID communication form. If it is determined that they may have COVID-19, arrangements will be made to evaluate and test the individual. If you and your roommate have been living together, you will be placed in quarantine and you will also need to be evaluated by your medical provider or the health center unless you are vaccinated. If you are fully vaccinated (two weeks past the second Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two weeks past the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), you are exempt from relocating for exposure as long as you are not experiencing symptoms. Those who test positive, are symptomatic or are unvaccinated close contacts to someone who tested positive must relocate to isolation/quarantine housing. Quarantine and isolation space will be provided to residents by University Housing.

What directions should students be given about cleaning?

Disinfect touch points such as door knobs, light switches, desk tops, table tops, hard surface furniture, keyboards, phones, remote controls, faucets, toilet seats, etc. with common household disinfectants. Wash hands often.

Please view this video for proper bathroom cleaning procedures.

What cleaning is Facilities, Planning and Operations doing and what do others need to do?

  • Facilities, Planning and Operations is sanitizing touch points of all public areas daily such as: doors, door knobs, handles, panic bars, glass doors, vending machines, light switches, electrical outlet covers, furniture, tables, chairs, elevator doors and buttons, elevator walls, floors, water fountains, kitchens, public bathrooms, laundry rooms, stairways, and handrails.
  • It would be beneficial if others would assist with monitoring public spaces, clean behind use in kitchens, laundry rooms and public spaces in between daily custodial service.
  • It is the responsibility of the student to clean their residence hall room and bathroom.

Will the same housing standards apply to Greek Life housing, for occupancy and cleaning?

All sorority chapters are housed on campus, where the same University Housing standards apply. For fraternity chapters on campus, the same standards apply as any other residence hall. The University does not exercise control over how off campus fraternity housing is set up or cleaned. Since there is no UCM authority over these housing units for social distancing and cleaning, it will be the responsibility of the house residents and guests to maintain a safe environment.


Back to top ->

Campus Cupboard

Located on the lower level of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center, Campus Cupboard is a volunteer-based, 501(c)(3) charity dedicated to alleviating hunger and financial burdens in the UCM community. Food and personal care items are provided to students and UCM employees in need. It will resume regular service on Wednesday, Aug. 18. For more information about Campus Cupboard visit

Back to top ->

Student Recreation and Wellness Center

The Student Recreation and Wellness Center is taking many steps to provide an environment that encourages social distancing and follows guidelines prescribed by the CDC and local health officials. If you are planning to use the Student Recreation and Wellness Center, here is some information that will help you maximize your visit:

  • Fitness classes may be limited to 10-12 individuals, but there will be YouTube classes available for individuals’ convenience.

  • Running and walking on the indoor track is allowed.

  • Intramural sport offerings may be limited.

  • Personal training will still be available. Clients may request virtual sessions if they prefer.

  • In the fitness areas, attendants will be stationed throughout to regularly clean machines during hours of operation; however, patrons are encouraged to follow the rule: “You Touch It, You Clean It Before and After.”

  • Fitness machines have been separated to provide a 10-foot distance between them.

  • Capacity of the free weight room has increased from 10 this spring to 15 for fall semester.

  • Cardio Deck machines have been moved to allow the circuitry machines to be utilized for optimal social distancing.

  • In the mezzanine area, boxing gloves and ropes are no longer being checked out, but individuals can use punching bags if they bring their own gloves.

  • The rock wall limit is 10 individuals at a time.

  • Basketball is permitted.

  • Individuals may check out equipment.


Ask a Question

Back to top ->

The University will continue to communicate updates through the UCM News Bureau, as well as our website, social media, your UCM email account, and traditional media.

If you have specific questions, please contact one of the offices below:

For all other offices, please visit to locate the office that matches your needs.



  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • linkedin
  • instagram