The Missouri Innovation Campus program is an applied, hands-on program. During their
time in The MIC program, students complete a three-year, paid internship with one
of The MIC’s industry leading corporate partners, and work with professional mentors
to gain job ready skills. By completing these internships alongside a curriculum developed
in part by MIC’s corporate partners, MIC students are positioned to enter the workplace
with the necessary skills and experience to excel in their chosen careers. About the
- Students begin their internship experience the summer after their junior year of high
- Students will complete a full-time internship each summer plus two days a week during
the fall and spring until graduation from UCM.
- The internship is continuous with the same business partner each year.
- The internship is paid each summer, fall and spring.
- Students must provide their own transportation to the internship site.
The MIC internship coordinator will coordinate the interview process for internships
with the students and MIC business partners. Students will interview at various times
with MIC business partners before the end of summer their junior year. They must have
secured an internship to remain in The MIC program before starting their senior year
in high school, based upon internship availability.
- If an intern is dismissed from his/her internship due to performance issues as determined
by the intern manager and The MIC internship coordinator, the student will be dropped
from The MIC program.